And Off To Dinner We Go

Thursday, May 29, 2014

  
     Well Chris and I finally went out on our first date since he’s been home.  It was so nice to get out without the kids!  I love them to death but every mommy needs their break, and I NEVER have one!  So after getting his mom to watch Banner and Chloe, then texting mom to see if she would watch Audrey; we rushed to get dressed and get out the door.  We dropped Audrey off at moms, and I changed my outfit, and put on a pair of nice heels, and grabbed my clutch (yep I only have one lol).  Then off we went for some fun and some much needed alone time!
   
    First we went out to eat at Dakota’s Roadhouse.  We got a blooming onion for an appetizer.  Then I had a steak, baked potato, and sautéed mushrooms, and Chris had fried catfish, a baked potato and sautéed mushrooms.  I got two dragonfly blood drinks (which were amazing!!!), and Chris had a Miller light.  Chris wasn’t crazy about the catfish, but mine was amazing!  Overall the food was amazing, and we left stuffed!
    After that we went to a thrift store in town where I previously dropped things off to sell, to see if I had any money on my books.  I only had $3 so I left it, and we looked around the store.  We saw a beautiful wedding dress for only $75 the only thing wrong was the zipper was broke.  I decided to try it on for fun, and it was so beautiful!  It was one of the big poofy ones with a big long train.  If we would’ve had the extra money I would’ve gotten it.  But we decided we didn’t see anything we really wanted so we left.
  
     It was such an amazing evening, and if it would’ve ended like that I would’ve been so happy.  But it didn’t, it only got better!  On our way home we saw a whole bunch of kids toys sitting out by someone’s trash.  So we decided to stop and check it out.  Someone must’ve been cleaning their house, on one side was real trash, and the other was stuff for people to take if they wanted.  So we grabbed all kinds of stuff, now of course nothing was in perfect condition.  But with three kids, I don’t much care as long as it’s safe.  We got a Radio Flyer tricycle, a small Huffy bike with training wheels, three trash bags full of toys, a container I’m going to use to put toys in outside, a Spiderman ride on toy, and a childrens basketball hoop!  I was so excited, I just can’t believe some of the things people through away instead of donating it or giving it to someone who needs it.  I mean there is nothing terribly wrong with any of these toys!
    When we got home Banner was very happy to see all the new toys, and when Audrey came back home she was very excited too!  I’m so glad that Chris and me had a great time together, and got to put smiles on our kids’ faces too!  What a great night!  Have you ever found something great someone was going to throw away?

1 comments:

  1. I love when I find something that someone else didnt want anymore on the side of the road. I got a bunch of baby gates for CJ when he was a lil one that way....

    ReplyDelete

Blog contents © Bzzing Mom 2012. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.